Savour Kilkenny, the South’s East’s Premier Festival of Food, which is scheduled to take place from October 28 to 31 has this year revealed a number of delicious dining experiences as part of its 2016 schedule. The festival, which is celebrating its 10thAnniversary, has always prided itself on its dining experiences, but this year has teamed up with even more of Kilkenny’s finest restaurants to offer visitors and locals lots more options in terms of delightful and appetising dining.
One such event, is the Lyrath Estate’s Dinner Through the Decades 1916 – 2016 on Saturday 29th October at 8pm. Guests can come on a journey back to 1916 and experience a 7 course tasting menu designed around the changing trends of food culture through the decades and up to the present day. The Lyrath Estate’s team of chefs have designed a menu primarily based on Irish Cuisine with some exciting contemporary twists!
Another dining experience which is sure to sell out fast is Anocht’s ‘What the duck!’ event which takes places on Thursday 27th October at 7pm. Anocht’s head chef, Rory Nolan, and team will present an exciting and imaginative duck themed six course dinner. Guests can expect an evening of surprising flavor combinations as scallops, monkfish, pumpkin and dark chocolate feature in this ‘beak to tail’ duck experience.
Other dining experience events include:
(please note dining events are paid for events – please visit www.savourkilkenny.com for information)
• Zuni – Celebrity Chef Artisan Evening, Tipperary vs Kilkenny (Stuart O’Keeffe and Edward Hayden) - SOLD OUT
• Rive Gauche Menu De Partage Francais, 28th – 29th October, 2016, 6:30pm and 8:30pm
• The River Court Hotel & Yindees Downtown Street Food & Jazz by the River – Sunday 30thOctober, 7:30pm until late
• Fish Face, Feast of Fish – Friday 28th October, from 6pm
• Harper’s Restaurant Sip, Savour & Jazz – Friday 28th and Saturday 29th October from 8:30pm
• Aroi, Savour Special Menu, Friday 28th to Monday 31st October
• Newpark Hotel, Totally Kilkenny, Totally Organic – Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October
• Royal Spice – A Taste of India Friday 28th to Monday 31st October
• Billy Byrne’s Savour Us! Events running from Thursday 27th – Sunday 30th October
• Cakeface Patisserie Just Desserts – Friday 28th October at 8pm