THERE are always interesting little bits and pieces about games, and some of the more interesting ones about All-Ireland senior hurling final 2012 are:
* Brian Cody is managing Kilkenny into an All-Ireland final for the 12th time. Kilkenny won it under his guidance in 2000-2002-2003-2006-2007-2008-2009-2011 and lost in 1999- 2004-2010.
* Galway have had six managers in the same period as Brian Cody have been in charge of Kilkenny. They are: Mattie Murphy, Noel Lane, Conor Hayes, Ger Loughnane, John McIntyre and Anthony Cunningham, who is in his first year at the helm.
* Anthony Cunningham and Brian Cody each won All-Ireland minor, under-21 and senior medals as players. Cunningham has already guided Galway to under-21 success (last year) and is now trying to add a senior title to his managerial CV.
* This is the first year since 2000 (Kilkenny v Offaly) that Munster will have no representation in the senior final.
* Kilkenny are bidding to emulate Offaly (1998), Cork (2004) and Tipperary (2010) by winning the All-Ireland after losing in the provincial championships.
* Barry Kelly (Westmeath) will be refereeing the senior final for the third time having previously taken charge of Cork v Kilkenny in 2006 and Kilkenny v Waterford in 2008.
* What odds a draw? The last All-Ireland hurling final to end level was all of 53 years ago in 1959 when Kilkenny and Waterford finished all square (5-5 to 1-17). Waterford won the replay by 3-12 to 1-10.
GAA hurling All-Ireland senior championship results 2012
May 19: Preliminary Round: Westmeath 0-14 Antrim 0-12, Mullingar; Laois 0-
20 Carlow 0-13, Dr. Cullen Park.
June 2: Quarter-finals: Offaly 2-12 Wexford 1-13, Tullamore; Dublin 3-23
Laois 1-7, Tullamore.
June 3: Quarter-final: Galway 5-19 Westmeath 4-12, Mullingar.
June 17: Semi-final: Galway 5-23 Offaly 3-15, Portlaoise.
June 23: Semi-final: Kilkenny 2-21 Dublin 0-9, Portlaoise.
July 8: Final, Galway 2-21 Kilkenny 2-11, Croke Park.
May 27: Quarter-final: Tipperary 2-20 Limerick 1-19, Thurles.
June 17: Semi-final: Waterford 2-17 Clare 1-18, Thurles.
June 24: Semi-final: Tipperary 1-22 Cork 0-24, Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
July 15: Final: Tipperary 2-17 Waterford 0-16, Páirc Uí Chaoimh
June 23: Preliminary phase: Wexford 3-22 Westmeath 2-9, Wexford Park;
Limerick 6-21 Laois 1-11, Gaelic Grounds.
June 30: Phase 1: Wexford 4-12 Carlow 0-14, Wexford Park; Limerick 8-26
Antrim 1-15, Gaelic Grounds
July 7: Phase 2: Cork 1-26 Offaly 2-16; Clare 1-16 Dublin 0-16.
July 14: Phase 3: Cork 3-24 Wexford 2-17, Thurles; Limerick 3-18 Clare 1-20,
July 28/29: All-Ireland quarter-finals: Cork 1-19 Waterford 0-19, Thurles;
Kilkenny 4-16 Limerick 1-16, Thurles.
August 12: Semi-final: Galway 0-22 Cork 0-17, Croke Park.
August 19: Semi-final: Kilkenny 4-24 Tipperary 1-15, Croke Park.
Sunday: Final: Galway v Kilkenny, Croke Park, 3.30.