A DEFENDANT who had his wheelchair taken from him by gardai for a forensic examiniation was unable to get to court.
Paul Barry, 53 Ossory Park is charged with failing to appear in court in on November 15 and on October 3. Solicitor Michael Lanigan told the court that his client was unable to attend court because his wheelchair had been taken off him by the gardai in Carlow for forensic tests.
“He is still in some difficulty and he says that his wheelchair is in bit and there are repairs been carried out on it,” he added.
Mr Barry is also charged with a littering offence at Johns Bridge on May 5, engaging in threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour at the Castlecomer Road on December 1, 2010. He is also charged with engaging in disorderly conduct at the Hebron Road on January 19. He is also charged with being a person unlawfully at large at St Luke’s Hospital on July 4 and of two counts of assault at St Luke’s Hospital on July 7.
Judge David Anderson adjourned the case December 5 and granted him bail on condition that he reside at his home address, observe a curfew and sign on daily at Kilkenny Garda Station.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.