The new Ferrybank Library at Ferrybank Shopping Centre will be open to the public from Tuesday, December 4, Fine Gael TD, John Paul Phelan has confirmed. “I’m delighted that this long-awaited facility is about to open. An official opening has been scheduled for a later date but the service is about to open, breathing new life into Ferrybank and providing a badly-needed service to all of the Ferrybank and South Kilkenny community. The Library has an area of 312 sq metres and has a stock of over 15,000 items. It will be a community hub, a space all for all, with accommodation and facilities for all ages and stages,” Deputy Phelan said.
Services offered at the new library include:
· Children’s Services providing for educational/cultural and recreational needs in a relaxed, informal environment with appropriate collections, furniture, seating and play facilities.
· Teen Zone incorporating, a chill out space with comfortable seating and access to books/music/film resources.
· Adult Services with informal seating for browsing/reading and access to general interest and music collections
· IT and study/reference area with 8 Public Access Pc’s and 8 study spaces
· The use of RFID, Self- Service and WIFI technology
· A multipurpose Community Space -including an interactive whiteboard and projector- for exhibitions/reader development and community events
· A welcoming and disability friendly environment supported by accessible services and formats including a hearing induction loop system.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.