Search

22/10/2021

Fire destroys house

A FIRE which caused substantial damage to a house on The Square in Inistioge is believed to have started accidentally, Mary Cody writes.

A FIRE which caused substantial damage to a house on The Square in Inistioge is believed to have started accidentally, Mary Cody writes.

Gardai and fire services were called to the scene over St Patrick’s Day weekend. Gardai have ruled out any malicious cause to the fire and are treating it as accidental. It is believed that an electric blanket may have caused the accident. The occupant of the house, a male in his twenties was not present at the time and there were no injuries.

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.