PHOTOS: Watch where you put your candles - and never on TVs!

PHOTOS: Watch where you put your candles - and never on TVs!

Fire services were called to this fire started by a candle placed on a TV

Fire safety experts have warned households to never place a candle on top of, or underneath, a television.

Flammable items should always be removed around where you intend to place a candle.

Dublin Fire Brigade said cards, pictures or drawings should never be located near candles. 

The fire service added: "Create a child-free zone around cookers, and fires, when they are in use.

"Wear tight fitting clothes, especially sleeves, while cooking.

"Loose clothing can catch fire if they come in to contact with a flame.

"Do not wear a scarf for example."


To continue reading this archived article for FREE,
please just kindly register and/or log in.

Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.