Search

20/10/2021

PHOTOS: Smoke alarm helps everybody get out of house fire safely

Smoke alarm helped everybody get out of house fire

The damage caused to the smoke alarm by the intense heat of the fire

This was the state of a smoke alarm after fire ripped through a house in Tallaght over the weekend.

However the safety device did it's job and all occupants got out of the property, according to Dublin Fire Brigade.

There was significant smoke damage to the terraced property.

A DFB spokesperson said: "Firefighters from Tallaght fire station were called to a well developed house fire.

"Although the smoke alarms were damaged they did sound and everyone got out safe.  


"Smoke alarms save lives.  


"Closing doors helps stop the spread of smoke."

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.